Monday, April 9, 2012

Cast Your Cares on the LORD - 4/9/12

"Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken. But you, God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of decay; the bloodthirsty and deceitful will not live out half their days. But as for me, I trust in You." Psalm 55:22-23

We had two amazingly wonderful services for our Easter Sunday. As I sat through the morning service, I was just blown away at the excitement over the empty tomb. Of course, I've gone to church for my entire life, so hearing about it was nothing unusual. What was unusual, however, was the fact that I was still blown away. I mean, the power of God to overcome the grave still has me sitting in awe and wonder.

I left that service concerned over the fact that I am always unworthy before the throne of God. "'Why do you call me good?' Jesus answered. 'No one is good - except God alone.'" (Mark 10:18) It's true. There is no way that I could ever earn my own salvation. Nothing that I have will ever make me good enough.

Well, to hear that sounds so amazingly rueful.

To add to that, I went back to our evening service, which was a communion and feet washing service. As Pastor Chad was preaching, he continued to enforce the fact that we are not worthy, except through Christ. He is the only one that can connect us with a perfect, powerful God. To go from the morning service, to that, and then on to washing feet and the humility involved just seemed to be overwhelming.

And then, this morning, God reminded me of Psalm 55. "Bryan, just cast your cares upon Me. I've always told you that I can handle them, so stop taking them into your own hands. Allow Me to be God."

Cool.

That's a good cool, mixed with a little bit of sarcastic cool. But, cool all the same.

I realize that we are human. I feel my humanity more during certain seasons, but that's when God reminds me to rest in Him. I hope that you can do the same. Don't let Easter be just another day that is celebrated and left behind. Carry the words, "Christ is risen!" with you as you live your life.

God's blessings on your life this week,

Bryan
Be sure to share the love!

If you'd like to subscribe to this weekly devotional, please forward your email and name to thebtaylor@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment