Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Don't Forget to Laugh - 5/30/12


This just made me giggle...

"...Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight...Seated in a window was a young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep as Paul talked on and on. When he was sound asleep, he fell to the ground from the third story and was picked up dead. Paul went down, threw himself on the young man and put his arms around him. 'Don't be alarmed,' he said. 'He's alive!' Then he went upstairs again and broke bread and ate..." - Acts 20:7-12

Now, I've had people fall asleep while I'm preaching, but have yet to have someone plummet to their death! It's just so crazy to think that, because Paul wouldn't shut up, this man died. And then was brought back to life. And then they went and ate. It's as if nothing had happened. No big deal, this is how it goes when people hang out with us.

Sometimes I forget to just enjoy what's going on. I get so uptight and worried about doing something wrong, hurting people, or saying something inappropriate that I forget to just enjoy the moment. I mean, in the past two weeks, I've been the cause of three or four pretty epic accidents and all the while I'm thinking, "How on earth could that have happened??" But, we have to laugh, right?

If Paul could take someone plummeting to his death because of his preaching in stride, then I think that we can laugh about things that happen in life. There really isn't much else to do, but live life and allow God to take care of the rest!

I hope that your life is filled with opportunities to share the love of Christ this week. Don't forget that you have been bestowed an amazing opportunity. Use it wisely for the glory of God.

God's blessings on your life this week,

Bryan
Be sure to share the love!

If you'd like to subscribe to this weekly devotional, please forward your email and name to thebtaylor@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment