Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Think It's Relief - 5/15/12

"My heart is not proud, Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. Israel, put your hope in the Lord both now and forevermore." Psalm 131:1-3

Week one of Feed Our Streets is over and I think that I am feeling relief. I'm fairly certain that I was stressed out, but it was really for no reason. I received texts throughout the day from people who were praying for the project; and, I still worried. When all of the volunteers showed up and things were falling into place, I still worried that something could go wrong. When the food was about ready and each of us was standing around to start, my fear was that no one would show up.

And yet, I've been raised to rely on God - the One who created the universe and everything in it. I've been brought up to believe that Jesus calmed the storm, raised people from the dead, and conquered even sin itself. So, shouldn't a step out in faith require a little more faith? As blessed as we are, as Christians, we sometimes forget that there are still others out there that do not know the love of Christ.

A man, from my church, was there to pass out Bibles. One of the little boys came up and asked for one. When he was given a Bible, his smile was beaming from ear-to-ear. He asked, "When do I have to return it? After I eat?" The answer is obvious to us, but not to someone who has never known the love of our dear and precious Savior. If this entire summer is about that young boy receiving a Bible, then the entire project is worth it.

I hope that your life is filled with opportunities to share the love of Christ this week. Don't forget that you have been bestowed an amazing opportunity. Use it wisely for the glory of God.

God's blessings on your life this week,

Bryan
Be sure to share the love!

If you'd like to subscribe to this weekly devotional, please forward your email and name to thebtaylor@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment