Monday, January 9, 2012

Slowly Slipping By - 1/9/12


Slowly slipping by? Or slowly getting by? Or...is it the same concept. God has been speaking to my heart, lately, from the book of Amos. As I spent some time reading through the first couple of chapters, I realized that God was getting on to the people of Israel, because they had rejected Him. But, I had to keep asking the question of "HOW" they had rejected Him? This pointed me back to 1 Kings 11:29-39 and the issues that arose at the end of Solomon's reign as king. God said, "I will do this because they have forsaken me and worshiped Ashtoreth...Chemosh...Molek...and have not walked in obedience to me, nor done what is right in my eyes, nor kept my decrees and laws as David, Solomon's father, did."

I honestly don't think that the Israelites started out with a desire to worship the other gods. I mean, they were committed to God; but, over time, they allowed the things of the world to slip into their lives. Similarly, we live in the same manner. And, before we know it, we're casually just slipping in and out of church; or, the Word of God; or, our prayer lives. We don't intend to slip by, but it just happens, because we aren't paying attention.

We're in the second week of January - a new year - and, some of us have already been slipping by. We made resolutions or we had great plans for an amazing year, but are already disappointed by the way this year is shaping out. Let that go and let God restore you. But, Bryan, we're only 9 days into the new year! Yes, that's OK. Let Him restore you back to Him. The more that we allow God to refocus our lives throughout the year, the more clearly we will see His plan and His will for our lives.

I hope this brings you some encouraging thoughts for the week. As you approach the week, think about the main priorities of your life and accomplish THOSE things.

God's blessings on your life this week,

Bryan
Be sure to share the love!

If you'd like to subscribe to this weekly devotional, please forward your email and name to thebtaylor@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment