Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thank God for Jesus, Our Messiah

Kid: "I want more presents."
Mom (to herself): "What can I do to buy more gifts for my son?"

This doesn't sound wrong, does it? I mean, in this Christmas season, how many of us have been searching for that "perfect" Christmas gift that says, "I nailed it! They will never forget what I got them for Christmas this year." But, out of curiosity, do you remember what everyone got you last year? How about the year before that? Has our obsession with gift-giving truly blinded us from the real purpose of celebration this year?

I am continually saddened by the fact that most of our Christmas season is spent not considering Christ. We go to parties, have family events, exchange gifts, and even take special time off from work, but throughout the whole season, Jesus hardly receives any mention.

Hopefully, this isn't a doomsday post about how the world is ending, blah, blah, blah. My point is not to berate us further, but rather to encourage that we carve out special time to celebrate the birth of our Lord and recognize that He was and is the Emmanuel, Christ with us! We have been blessed beyond measure through a free gift of salvation in Christ Jesus. Thank God for Jesus, our Messiah! May His name be praised for ever and ever more. He is the gift that will never be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment