Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Pet Dinosaurs

Have you ever considered having your own pet dinosaur? That fascination normally goes away at or around the age of 7. Mine, however, did not.
I want a dinosaur. In fact, I would like a number of them.

One would be for transportation. I mean, how cool would it be to have a lizard give you a ride to work? You can't expect to go anywhere in life without a dinosaur to take you there. I'm envisioning this dinosaur being big enough to wear a saddle, but not so big that I need a rope ladder to get up. For my transportation dino, he'd have to make it across Fresno at a decent gait, so I'll probably use a triceratops.

Then I'd like one for a pet. I have a pretty cool dog, but who wouldn't want a dinosaur as well?? This one would have to be small enough to snuggle on the couch, but still able to tear apart any midnight intruders. To stay on the smaller end, I'd like a lesothosaurus.

Lastly, there's always a need for constant home security. I recently had my license plates stolen from my car while it was in the driveway; however, if I had better home security, that wouldn't have happened. I'll need something quick and able charge the enemy without a moment's hesitation, which made me think of the raptor. However, I'm looking for an all-around good pick, and the raptor, while vicious, might take MY head off too. I'm going to diverge from the family and pick a dragon. I'd have to modify my garage to make a home for him, but I think it's worth it when all of the benefits are considered.

A dragon will provide instant heat for BBQ or smores. It could also give me that home security that I've desired for awhile now. But, most importantly, when I'm tired of riding the triceratops to work, I can fly in and make a grand entrance on my dragon. All around, a good pick, I think.

So there you have it. When I am finally able to afford my new pets, I'll post pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted a Velociraptor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, but they will mos def take off your head...

    ReplyDelete