Monday, September 26, 2011

Follow Me As I Follow Christ - 9/26/11

"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ." (1 Corinthians 11:1)

That's a rather bold statement, isn't it? I mean, Paul has a huge assumption that he is actually following Christ. Obviously, he thinks that he is, but what if someone contended that fact? What if you said, "Follow me, as I follow Christ?" Would you be ridiculed for that statement? Would people think that you are arrogant? Would they judge you?

Let me ask another question: What if no one is showing them Christ? What if they have no example of Christ in their lives? Do you think that it's more important to remain "without judgment" or to be an example for others?

"Bryan, there has to be another option than just those two." If there is, please pose it for me. Put words to your thought - your rebuttal - or consider the implications that my question leaves behind. There are plenty of people that live without a godly example in their lives. The problem is, none of us is willing to step up and take action. That is ridiculous!

People know that you are going to fail. In fact, they probably expect that you will fail, and fail hard. So, why not put yourself out on the line and guide them as best you can? Let them follow you, as you follow Christ. This will do two things: (1) give them a godly example to follow as they get plugged in to the truth of God's word, and (2) keep you accountable.

I think most of us would rather not be held accountable. If you've read any of my previous posts, you know that having no accountability is not an option. So, this week, see who you can influence in a godly way. Point others to Christ. We all know that you can't save them, but point them to the One that can! I hope that love becomes your guiding light, rather than fear of judgment.

God's blessings on your life this week,

Bryan
Be sure to share the love!

If you'd like to subscribe to this weekly devotional, please forward your email and name to thebtaylor@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment